Wednesday, April 15, 2009

To Arms, Citizens!

I could post this video because it's tax day or because of my opinion about Wall Streeters and corporate compensations and bailouts. However, I post this because it simply is beautiful both in its melody and the passion of its lyrics.

Of course, this isn't neighborhood news; but I'd like to think that neighborhood and community activists can be fired up by La Marseillaise. Of course, there is also the enchanting Mireille Mathieu who adds more magic to the national anthem of France.

Besides all of the above, a lovely French woman thanked me the other day for our neighborhood e-letter and blog. It's nice getting compliments out of the blue. So, for you:

1 comment:

Cinco Puntos Press said...

Pretty cool, Jim. Much like two shots of espresso after lunch. Bobby